JOB TITLE: Family Clerk (Manchester)
LOCATION: Manchester but may be required to travel to clients’ offices on occasion.
SALARY: £18,000 p.a.
HOURS: 9AM-5.30PM Monday – Friday but with an expectation of some out-of-hours support by telephone and/or attendance at events.
REPORTS TO: First Family Clerk and Head of Family Team
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications to be received by 4PM on 20 December 2019 – Applications received after this time will not be considered. Applications to include a covering letter and CV in a single document in either PDF (preferably) or Word format. Documents submitted in Pages format will not be considered.
JOB SUMMARY: To assist in the overall delivery of clerking services to the family team. To provide counsel and their clients with a comprehensive clerking service. To provide support to the Senior Family Clerk in tasks reasonably delegated. Must have a pre-existing knowledge of legal aid billing for public and private law family matters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Family Clerking Team To ensure the smooth running of the Family clerking function by:
2. Marketing and Networking To assist in the raising of the brand profile of the overall Chambers by:
2.1. Assisting in marketing activities in and out of chambers – notifying the Senior Clerk of new clients and possible leads.
2.2. Arranging of and attendance at Chambers seminars and events.
3.1. To ensure the implementation of the equality and diversity policy.
3.2. To promote a culture of continuous improvement by personal example and quality of contribution.
3.3. To take reasonable care for your health and that of other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Accurate recording of information;
2. Accurate information passed to members and colleagues;
3. Knowledge and application of fee schemes operated by the LAA;
4. Agreement of all private fees prior to hearing based on correct factors;
5. Work allocation to appropriate counsel in good time for work to be prepared;
6. Work allocated to appropriate counsel avoiding conflict of interest and potential clashes where possible;
7. Solicitor feedback positive when a new or existing contact has been instructed;
8. High level of job satisfaction;
10. Feeling challenged;
11. Full and correct use of all chambers IT systems and compliance will all chambers in force.
Please send all applications marked for the attention of the Recruitment Officer. email@example.com
Applications will be treated in confidence though references provided will be checked.
Central Chambers is an equal opportunities employer.
82 King St,
T. 0161 236 1133
Keep up to date with Central Chambers news by subscribing to our RSS News Feed by clicking the link below.