JOB TITLE: Family Clerk (Manchester)
REPORTS TO: Head of Family Team
LOCATION: MANCHESTER base but may be required to travel to client’s offices on occasion.
SALARY: TBC dependent on experience.
HOURS: 9AM-5.30PM Monday – Friday though some additional duties may be requested outside of these hours.
APPLICATION DATES: Applications to be received by 4pm on 23rd November 2018
To assist in the overall delivery of clerking services to the family team. To provide counsel and their clients with a comprehensive clerking service. To provide support to the Senior
Clerks in tasks delegated. To provide support and assistance in the training and development of junior clerks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Family Clerking Team
To ensure the smooth running of the Family clerking function by:
1. Managing the family diary on a day-to-day basis and dealing with all relevant correspondence (emails, phone calls etc.).
2. Forward planning the diary for delivery of briefs.
3. Telephone bookings of hearings and conferences.
4. Negotiating fees.
5. Computer recording of briefs and instructions.
6. Billing of private and public family briefs/paperwork.
7. Inform members of Chambers of their commitments for the following day and note diary accordingly.
Marketing and Networking
To assist in the raising of the brand profile of the overall Chambers by:
1. Assisting in marketing activities in and out of chambers – notifying the Senior Clerk of new clients and possible leads.
2. Arranging of and attendance at Chambers seminars and events.
1. To ensure the implementation of the equality and diversity policy.
2. To promote a culture of continuous improvement by personal example and quality of contribution.
3. To take reasonable care for your health and that of other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Accurate recording of information.
2. Accurate information passed to members.
3. Knowledge and application of fee schemes operated by the LAA.
4. Agreement of all private fees prior to hearing based on correct factors.
5. Work allocation to appropriate counsel in good time for work to be prepared.
6. Work allocated to appropriate counsel avoiding conflict of interest and potential clashes where possible.
7. Solicitor feedback positive when a new or existing contact has been instructed.
8. High level of job satisfaction.
10. Feeling challenged.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Family Clerk” and marked for the attention of the Recruitment Officer.
Please ensure that your covering letter and CV are in PDF or Word format (not “Pages”) and are ideally contained within one file. This is inline with our IT Policy. Documents submitted in Apple’s “Pages” format will not be considered.
82 King St,
T. 0161 236 1133
Keep up to date with Central Chambers news by subscribing to our RSS News Feed by clicking the link below.